There are lots of great reasons to become a member of the OSA and SPIE professional societies. Learn more about these benefits and how to join.
Photonics Students: JOIN US!
As a dues-paying member of OSA and/or SPIE, you receive special Stanford incentives:
- Priority invitations to special limited-seating photonics events and exclusive luncheons with prominent optics leaders!
- Special BBQs/mixers held regularly
- Invitations to fun outdoor and indoor activities
Note: this is all IN ADDITION to the membership benefits below:
OSA and SPIE Membership Benefits
- Meet graduate students in other research groups
- Help organize speaker and community events
- Network with other OSA members: 14,000 people from over 81 countries!
- Network with other SPIE members: 17,500 people worldwide!
- Discounts (e.g., reduced registration, free short courses for students) & special member events at conferences like Frontiers in Optics and CLEO/QELS/PhAST. OSA member discounts for just one conference often exceed the cost of dues!
- Free subscriptions to Optics and Photonics News and Physics Today
- Access to OSA's career search engine
- Eligibility for OSA Student Awards, Grants, and Fellowships
- Discounts on OSA/Wiley Technical Books and more!
- Discounts (e.g., reduced registration, 50% off conference courses) & special member events at conferences like Photonics West and Optics & Photonics
- Free subscriptions: an online SPIE journal of your choice and SPIE Professional quarterly magazine
- Access to SPIE's employment resources: SPIEWorks and career fairs at SPIE meetings
- Eligibility for SPIE Scholarships and Grants
Become an OSA member today! (Or renew your membership!) click here *please list "The Penn State University" as your organization
Become an SPIE member today! (Or renew your membership!) click here *please list "The Pennsylvania State University" as your organization
Note: the above $40 and $20 society dues are student rates set by and paid directly to OSA or SPIE.